Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Functional Art!

Good morning all! How many of you were woken up by a puppy today like me? Well I hope you weren't.

I decided to make a post today on functional art. I wanted to show you guys things in your homes that don't have to just be 'things' I'm going to look for extra pretty versions of coat racks, lamps, shelves, serving dishes, you name it! I hope you like what I find! Enjoy!

Round Striped Butt Hook by:
Price: $12
Teeeheee. Okay this is really cute. Not my usual style but hear me out. Currently my fiance and I have one of those plain white sticky hooks on the side of our kitchen cabinet near the front door to hold the dogs leashes. With a dog and a puppy you end up with a lot. We have 2 regular chains, 1 harness, 1 collar, and 2 extendable leashes. As you can imagine they don't all fit on that one hook, so naturally, much to my dismay, they usually end up leaning on the counter (ugh!) but this hook actually looks decent size. I'm sure it wouldn't hold all of that because lets face it... I have a ridiculous amount of stuff... but this would hold a lot and if I got two they would look super cute!! And it's only $12. I see things like this go for $25-30 all the time!!


Robins Egg Country Shelf by:
Price: $35
Note: This does not come with the flower or vase/teakettle but it does come with the mason jar! This is such a cute little shelf and the shabby chic cottage/beach look has been very popular lately and this would be the perfect accent for any room you want to do that in. Adorable in a bathroom or a front hall this piece is more than just function, it's art! I love the beautiful shade of blue it is and the way the hooks go with it. That mason jar is just the perfect finishing touch. Wonderful!!


Three Modern Contemporary Pendant Lamps by:
Price: $132
I'm encouraging you all to go click on the link to that listing and look at the other pictures posted to see how truly stunning these light fixtures looks. I usually don't like to post things over $90 on my blog because I understand people don't have a lot of money to spare now a days but these really caught my eye and I couldn't not put them on here. They are simply stunning and very unique. I like them because they look warm and happy and when you see them lit up in that third picture in the listing... well I could just stare at them all night. They are stunning. (And they would make great wedding/wedding reception lighting!!!)

ChromePlated Apron by:
Price: $75
A little more on the expensive end of aprons, but one you will have absolutely no reservations about wearing in front of your guests. It's cute and fashionable, the best little party hostess apron I've seen. Who cares if you're in and out of the kitchen all night cooking and baking up a storm, you won't think twice about strutting this one in front of your guests. And it being so cute and wearable you don't need to worry about messing up your hair taking it off. Heck, you don't even have to worry about what you're wearing behind it being cute. This is cute enough!!

Cupcake Stand/Dessert Pedestal in Modern Chic by:
Price: $26
I had a hard time picking which one I wanted to feature on here because this shop is just filled with these adorable stands. They range in price from $15 to $26 and have all sorts of cute plate/stand combos. These are really worth checking out. I love them too because they are all different heights which makes setting them up on a table much easier. You actually get more space and it makes it easier for guests to get at what they want. The holiday entertaining season is coming up! Don't miss out on getting these before they are gone!
Goldenrod Flora and Fowl Plate Clock by:
Price: $32
I think plate clocks are adorable because they add SO much interest to a wall. Its two in one benefits, art and functionality. When you look at these you really don't see a clock unless you are expressly checking for the time. This gold is such a happy cheery color and contrasting with the black arms it looks just lovely!!
Everyday Cloth Napkins in Blue and Green Geometric (set of 6) by:
Price: $20
Cloth napkins are essential. They create a higher level of class when having guests, they promote saving the environment by not wasting napkins/paper towels, and they can help dress up your dinner table. This set is adorable, I really liked the green in it, but be sure to check out the entire shop as it is simply adorable and worth it. There are lots of other designs, something for everyone!!

.........................................
Hope you liked these! Check back later today for some more fun finds!!'

Let me know what you're looking for and I'll help you out! Just drop me a comment!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring one of my items!! I am in great company, what lovely finds! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making such adorable designs! I'm glad you like the other features too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you like them! Thanks for visting and commenting!!

    ReplyDelete